FOR ALL FAMILIES:
1. Hearts of Compassion, Montebello, CA
Open to all Montebello Unified School District (MUSD) families. They will be providing food on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. See flyer HERE.
2. The following is a link to the CDE website with Free or Reduced Cost Internet Resources for our students. We have worked with the California Emerging Technology Fund in the past. Hope this helps, please forward any links that you think would be helpful and we will post asap. Take care and stay safe.
OTHER SIMILAR RESOURCES:
3. Having Conversations about Coronavirus:
CDE: Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019: Message for parents, school, staff, and others working with children: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/talking-with-children.html
Child Mind Institute: Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus (English & Spanish)
National Association of School Psychologist – Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource:
4. Helping Children Cope Through the Coronavirus
World Health Organization: Helping children cope with stress during the 2019-nCoV outbreak:
Hygiene Best Practices
Printed Resources from CDE – Posters, flyers, handouts, and printable:
Planning for the future: https://nche.ed.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/toolbox.pdf
FAMILIES IN TRANSITION/HOMELESS:
1. SchoolHouse Connection has put together some resources that you might find helpful. Please pass it onto whomever you feel would benefit from the resources.
2. "What I Need App" (WIN) - Accessing resources from your phone.
These resources include Shelter, Crisis, Food, Drop-in, Health, Legal, Hot line, Education, Jobs, Transit, Benefits, and more.
The order waives eligibility re-determinations for 90 days for Californians who participate in:
Medi-Cal health coverage
CalFresh food assistance
Cash Assistance for Immigrants; and
In-Home Supportive Services
ONLINE LEARNING RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS
Easy access to online English learning. Get the mobile app as well.
How language is learned. Get the mobile app as well.
A nonprofit with the mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
Read your way. E-books for people with reading barriers.
Offering free access to Newsela’s entire product suite for the rest of the 2019/2020 school year.
helps teachers, parents, students, and administrators in K–12 schools to communicate with everyone at once.
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
Free or Reduced Cost Internet Resources.
GOOGLE CLASSROOM - Join a class as a student